As promised yesterday, here is the recipe for the Chocolate Honeycomb, or a homemade version of the Crunchie chocolate bar – but with a twist.
For the honeycomb recipe, click here.
- 8 oz good quality chocolate (70% cocoa solids minimum)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
- Melt the chocolate either in a microwave or over a Bain-Marie.
- Stir in the coconut oil into the melted chocolate.
- Partially dip the pieces of honeycomb into the chocolate mix, and place them on to a sheet of grease proof paper or a silicon tray. Cool in the fridge.
- When the chocolate covering has dried, re-dip into the chocolate mix to ensure a thick covering.
- Sprinkle the desiccated coconut over the chocolate covered honeycomb, while the chocolate is still wet.
- Allow the chocolate to harden, and then enjoy.