Hope you are enjoying today – it’s currently nice and sunny outside, so of course I’m staying indoors sewing – as one does!
As promised yesterday, here is the recipe for Mini Coconut Loaves. It’s a quick and simple recipe, ideal for a tea time treat.
Mini Coconut Loaves
- 1 cup golden vanilla caster sugar
- 2 cups plain flour
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp coconut or almond extract
plus vegetable oil for greasing the pans
- Preheat the oven Gas mark 4/350 F.
- Prep 8 mini loaf tins, greasing well with the vegetable oil.
- In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together and then set aside.
- In a jug or small bowl, mix all the wet ingredients together.
- Pour the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and fold together until just combined.
- Divide the batter evenly between the loaf tins, and bake in the oven for 40 mins, until well risen and golden brown on top.
Test with a skewer to ensure the loaves are fully baked. If the skewer doesn’t come out clean, bake for another 5 -10 minutes.
If the skewer comes out clean, remove the loaves from the oven and allow to cool in their tins for 5-10 minutes. Then remove the loaves from the tins and place on a wire rack to completely cool.
Enjoy the loaves with your favourite hot drink.
Don’t forget to comment and subscribe – and please let me know if you try this recipe.
Thanks for reading.