It has been a busy week here at Champers Towers – my aim to get healthier in 2016 is going well, and to prove it here is a really healthy alternative to the traditional coleslaw, apple and celeriac salad.
Apple and Celeriac Salad – recipe
- ½ small celeriac, peeled
- 1 apple, cored
- 1/4 whole cucumber, quartered lengthways, then sliced
- 1 tbsp finely chopped chives
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- juice ½ lemon
- handful of pumpkin seeds
- Cut the celeriac and apple into thin julienne strips. Place in a bowl with the sliced cucumber and chives.
- In a separate dish, combine the oil, mustard and lemon juice.
- Stir the dressing in with the celeriac and apple mix.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes before sprinkling with pumpkin seeds, then serve.
Serve as you would coleslaw, or eat on it’s own with a slice of bread. Try my Bajan Beer Bread recipe, it’s quick to make and yummy!
Let me know if you try this recipe, I would love to hear how you made it.
Thanks for reading, see you soon 🙂