This little number was supposed to be my weekly GBSB 1 hour challenge for today – but I got carried away and finished it late last night!
It’s 100% polyester, a fact I found out whilst I was ironing prior to cutting. Note to self, do not iron polyester material on the cotton setting.
In my defence, it has been a good while since I had any dealings with 100% polyester fabric, as I normally use 100% cotton (hence the setting on the iron – rookie mistake!). Fortunately, it was near the end of the material, so I was still able to cut out the pieces for the cami. Sadly, due to my mishap, the planned for matching hair tie may have to be shelved, unless I can think of a creative way to patch together the left over scraps. Ugh! Still, for a remnant piece of fabric that I purchased for about £2, I can’t complain.
I have previous made a camisole top and yet again, this version came together easily and quickly.
I’m very pleased with the result, I have a versatile monochrome print top, which can be worn with jeans for a casual summer look, or with a suit.
Now all I have to do, is find an alternative 1 hour GBSB challenge, by tonight – yikes!
Find out if I succeed by tuning in tomorrow. Please subscribe, comment and like if you enjoyed this post.
Thanks for reading.