I teased a photo of this recipe on Instagram last night, and now here it is. This is seriously coconutty, the flavour boosted by the addition of ground almonds.
Warning, if you’re on a low calorie diet, don’t even look at the recipe.
I’m not kidding.
Really, you’re still scrolling down?
Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
Ultimate Coconut Rice Pudding
- 1 cup pudding rice, washed and drained
- 1/4 cup golden caster sugar
- 2 tsp coconut extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp vanilla paste or extract
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 3/4 cup coconut water
- 3/4 cup semi skimmed or almond milk
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 2/3 cup ground almonds
- fresh grated coconut to serve (optional)
- In a medium sized saucepan, add all the ingredients, except the fresh coconut. Stir thoroughly.
- Cook over a low heat, stirring occasionally for about 45 mins, or until the rice is soft, but still with a slight ‘bite’. There should be very little liquid left.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before serving. If you prefer, you can grate fresh coconut over the rice pudding. You could also use toasted desiccated coconut as a garnish.
The pudding can be eaten on it’s own, either hot or cold, or can be used as a base for fruit sauces. I will post another recipe, featuring rhubarb, which will go well with the coconut pudding.
Let me know if you try this recipe, and please comment and like if you enjoyed this post.
Thanks for reading, see you soon.