If you need bread in a hurry, try this recipe. It only takes 40 minutes from start to finish to make 12 flat breads. They keep well for a day or 2, or you can freeze them to eat on another day.
Quick Flat Bread – recipe by Champagne Twist
- 2 1/2 cups bread flour
- 2 tsp dried yeast
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup warm water
- Combine all the ingredients in a food mixer, until a slightly sticky dough is formed. Cover the bowl with a clean tea towel, and set aside for 10 minutes to allow the dough to rest.
- After resting, divide the dough into 12 small equally sized balls.
- Meanwhile, heat a heavy bottomed saucepan or frying pan over a medium to medium high heat.
- Roll each dough ball on a well floured board, into a circle about the size of a tea saucer.
- Cook each flat bread for a minute on each side.
- To keep the flat breads warm whilst cooking, cover a plate with a clean tea towel, and add the freshly cooked flat breads on top. Cover again with another clean tea towel to keep them warm.
Enjoy with your meal, or make sandwich wraps. They are even delicious on their own.
If you try this recipe, please share your results in the comments below. Don’t forget to subscribe for more from Champagne Twist. Thanks for reading.