A few weeks ago, I posted a recipe for quick flat bread. This recipe is just as quick to make, and perhaps a tad healthier. I even managed to make an extra 2 flat breads with this recipe.
Quick Vegan Flat Bread – recipe by Champagne Twist
- 2 1/2 cups bread flour
- 2 tsp dried yeast
- 4 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1 cup warm water
- Combine all the ingredients in a food mixer, until a slightly sticky dough is formed.
- Cover the bowl with a clean tea towel, and set aside for 10 minutes to allow the dough to rest.
- After resting, divide the dough into 14 equally sized balls.
- Meanwhile, heat a heavy bottomed saucepan or frying pan over a medium to medium high heat.
- Roll each dough ball on a well floured board, into a circle about the size of a tea saucer.
- Cook each flat bread in the pan, for a minute on each side.
- To keep the flat breads warm whilst cooking, cover a plate with a clean tea towel, and add the freshly cooked flat breads on top. Cover again with another clean tea towel to keep them warm.
Let me know if you try this recipe. Please don’t forget to subscribe for more recipes – Easter is coming up and I have a few treats in store 🙂
Thanks for reading.