Another quick make, this time Lavender Sugar Cookies. Just 3 ingredients are required, and a few minutes in the oven and you could have over 30 of these treats for your afternoon tea.
- 175g butter or butter substitute, softened
- 100g Lavender sugar
- 225g plain flour
- Cream the butter and sugar together with a wooden spoon until combined. Unlike making cakes, you shouldn’t mix until the mixture becomes lighter in colour. The crunch from the sugar is what you’re after here.
- Fold in the flour until fully incorporated into the butter sugar mix.
- With clean, dry hands, gently knead the dough for about 10 to 15 seconds.
- Divide into 2 equal sized portions.
- Take each portion and roll into 2 thin sausages. The sausages shouldn’t be more than about 5cm in diameter.
- Wrap the sausages individually in greaseproof paper, then place them in the fridge to rest for at least 30 mins.
- When ready to bake the cookies, preheat the oven to Gas Make 3.
- Take the dough sausages out, unwrap them and cut 1cm thick disks. You should be able to make between 30 and 36 cookies.
- Place the disks on a baking sheet lined with greaseproof paper, and bake in the middle of the oven for 15-20 minutes. I managed to place 16 per baking sheet. Ensure you leave some space in-between each cookie.
- The cookies are ready when they are a pale golden colour. Remove from the baking sheet and allow to cool on a wire rack. Serve immediately with a nice cup of tea.