I’m still experimenting with lavender recipes. Being such a versatile herb, it lends itself to so many culinary uses. Lavender syrup can be used as a base for a number of drinks including cocktails. It can also flavour baked treats. This is a useful ingredient standby make and like lavender sugar, can be gifted.
Lavender Syrup – recipe
- 250g water
- 250g caster sugar
- handful of lavender flowers, including stems
- Place the sugar and water in a medium sized saucepan. Place on the hob over a medium heat and simmer until the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add the lavender flowers. Let the lavender steep for around 30 mins in the syrup.
- Strain the syrup, then decant into a sterilised glass bottle.
- Store in a cool, dry place – the syrup should keep for at least 4 weeks.
Check out my other lavender recipes below:
- Lavender sugar
- Lavender sugar cookies
- Blueberry and lavender cheesecake
- Lemon lavender cake, with crushed blackberries
What are your favourite uses for lavender? Please share in the comment box.
Thanks for reading.