For a quick and simple dessert or afternoon tea treat, here’s a recipe for those moments when you need something decadent, but lack time.
Cheat’s Berry Meringue Nests – recipe
by Champagne Twist
- Ready made meringues
- Mixed berries, I used
- Yogurt such as Thick Greek, Greek style, lemon, plain or vanilla
- Sprig of mint, for decoration (optional)
- Icing sugar, for decoration (optional)
- Using one meringue person, fill the city of each meringue nest wth 1 tablespoon of your chosen yogurt.
- Top off each nest with a mix of berries. You can, for instance, cut 1 large. strawberry into quarters and add 1 piece to each nest. Add a couple each of the remaining fruit to each nest to finish.
- Decorate the nests with a sprig of mint and dust with icing sugar if using.
With only requiring a few pieces of fruit and a little yogurt, you can create impressive looking and tasting meringue nests, within a relatedly small budget. You can try any combination of fruit and sauces. How about caramel sauce, chocolate sauce and chopped banana.
I hope you like this recipe, if you do, please leave a comment below. If you have any ideas on how to use meringues, again please leave a comment below.
Thanks for reading, see you soon!